We regret to announce that VFO (the home of the Freedom Scientific®, Optelec, and Ai Squared brands) are ending the sales of Window-Eyes, effective immediately.
We understand how important a screen reader is to you and are offering JAWS® for Windows 18 as a replacement. We are committed to providing a smooth transition and will honour existing Window-Eyes product purchases and software maintenance agreements, as follows.
- End users that paid for and are current with Window-Eyes 9.x will be converted to JAWS 18 at no charge.
- If you are using an earlier version of Window-Eyes, you can purchase an upgrade to JAWS 18.
- If you are using the free version of Window-Eyes you can continue to use it. While there is not an upgrade path from the free version, if you are interested in purchasing JAWS, please contact our sales team on 01604 798070 and select Option 1.
- Existing Window-Eyes SMAs will be rolled into the JAWS SMA program for end users that migrate to JAWS.
Detailed upgrade and SMA pricing information is provided below.
To make this process as easy as possible, we ask you to complete a simple web form that will go directly to our sales team, who will then contact you with an authorisation code for JAWS 18, or request additional information if necessary.
Requests for upgrades must be submitted at http://www.sightandsound.co.uk/we-jaws-migration or by phone at 01604 798070 and select Option 1 by 31st July 2017.
Please Note, the free Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office version is not part of the conversion program.
Customer Paid For
|Window-Eyes Upgrade Pricing
|JAWS 18 Pro||JAWS 18 Home|
|9.0.x – 9.5.x||No Charge||No Charge|
|8.0.x – 8.4.x||£195||£150|
|Older than 7.5.x||£550||£355|
|Using free Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office version||£845||£699|
|SMA Purchase Price||£215||£150|
Below is a podcast explaining the migration from Window-Eyes to JAWS and the user experiences from different viewpoints.
To help with the transition to JAWS 18, VFO have created some tutorials to get you started. The tutorials are available in two formats, audio and Microsoft Word.
- Startup Wizard Tutorial [Audio]
- Startup Wizard Tutorial [Transcript]
- Basic Hotkeys Tutorial [Audio]
- Basic Hotkeys Tutorial [Transcript]
- Information Hotkeys Tutorial [Audio]
- Information Hotkeys Tutorial [Transcript]
- Getting Help Tutorial [Audio]
- Getting Help Tutorial [Transcript]
- Synthesizers Tutorial [Audio]
- Synthesizers Tutorial [Transcript]
- Outlook Tutorial [Audio]
- Outlook Tutorial [Transcript]
- Cursor Reading Tutorial [Audio]
- Cursor Reading Tutorial [Transcript]
- Web Browsing Tutorial [Audio]
- Web Browsing Tutorial [Transcript] (Coming Soon)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
How long will the Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office program continue to be offered?
The free Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office from Microsoft and VFO will end on 30th June 2017. However, VFO will continue to provide free access to the Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office version for the foreseeable future.
Can I still get the Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office for free after the program ends?
Yes, although Microsoft’s involvement in the Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office program is ending, VFO will continue to provide it for the foreseeable future. The version is offered for Microsoft Office 2010 or newer.
How long can I continue to use Window-Eyes?
Anyone with a valid copy of Window-Eyes can use it in perpetuity. However, as the Windows operating system and/or applications change, Window-Eyes may become incompatible. VFO cannot guarantee its functionality as these changes occur.
I purchased Window-Eyes technical support. What happens now?
Window-Eyes technical support will continue to be offered by VFO.
I purchased a copy of Window-Eyes and now it is discontinued. Will I get a refund?
Customers who purchased Window-Eyes will have their investment recognized. VFO has various conversion and upgrade programs in place to preserve this investment as the customer migrates to other products within VFO.
I have been a user of Window-Eyes for years and cannot learn a new screen reader. How will I survive?
Although it’s always challenging to learn new technologies, many of the Window-Eyes keystrokes and features are similar to JAWS. VFO will provide transition and training material for free on their website to aid in customers migrating to JAWS.
What is the difference between JAWS® 18 Home and JAWS® 18 Pro?
There is no difference in functionality between JAWS 18 Home and JAWS 18 Professional. The Home version is restricted to non-commercial use and is not authorised for use in work or commercial environments. Additionally, the SMA price for JAWS Home is £150 verses the Professional SMA, which is £215.
If you have any questions please call us on 01604 798070 and select Option 1 or email us at email@example.com.