Sight and Sound Technology (SAST) will provide you with insurance cover for the duration of your course as specified by your assessor. SAST use Specialty Risks Limited (SRL) as its DSA-QAG recognised insurance provider. SRL is directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration no. 771865. Specialty Risks is registered in England and Wales no. 6751834.
For more information about Specialty Risks’ insurance services please visit www.specialty-risks.com/about-our-insurance-services/
Your policy will cover and include:
- Accidental damage, Fire Damage, Flood Damage, Malicious Damage and Theft. (Note: policy will not cover loss from unlocked/unsecured premises)
- Full reinstatement of all hardware and software to the standard originally supplied
- Multiple claims in any academic year
- No excess if you make a claim.
- Automatic reinstatement of your policy following a successful claim
It does not cover maintenance repairs such as software issues or manufacturer faults.
Please refer to the policy wording document for full details on what is and what is not covered. There is also a summary documentyou can review.
If you believe a claim has occurred or there is a potential claim under this policy, please help us by reporting your claim according to the following procedure. In the first instance, please contact the Claims Office either:
- Online at www.specialty-risks.com/dsa-claims
- By telephone on 0330 159 0177 (local rate call)
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
All claims MUST be made as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 45 days of the incident giving rise to your claim.
Please note, if a criminal offence has been committed (e.g. theft) then you must notify the Police and obtain a Crime Reference Number (CRN). Without the CRN we are unable to register your claim with the insurer.