DSA Technical Support
Supplied equipment through the DSA and run into trouble? Don't worry. With Sight and Sound Technology, you're covered by extended warranty, insurance, and technical support, all for the length of your course. Whether your laptop doesn't turn on, or been dropped, or you just need some help running your specialist software, we're here to assist.
Our friendly technical support team is the first point of contact should you experience any problems. They are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, and you can contact them by:
- Telephone: 01604 798070 (option 3)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat: Choose the Live Chat link at the bottom of this page!
- BSL: Use an online BSL Interpreter.
- Text Relay: Download the Relay UK app, then give us a call on 01604 798070.
We'll work with you to establish the problem you are facing, and how best we can help. If you're experiencing an issue with the software on your system, using remote software we can access your desktop to resolve the problem as quickly as we can.
Here's an idea of the sort of problems our technical team are happy to help with:
- Assistive software not running correctly
- Computer running slowly
- Windows/MacOS not starting up
- Printer not printing
If you're not sure, don't hesitate to contact us and we'll point you in the right direction.
If our technical support team discover there is a fault with your system which calls for a hardware repair, we'll get it all organised for you. The simple process is as follows:
- You will firstly be asked to read a set of repair terms and conditions, and confirm agreement in writing (usually via email).
- We can arrange a courier collection of your device, from any UK address you require. If you require a laptop to work on whilst yours is away for repair, we will arrange to have this sent out to you.
- Once we have received the faulty device, we'll do our best to recover your data if applicable.
- Our in-house experts will work to establish the fault and complete the repair. The device may need to be sent to the manufacturer, or we may need to order new parts for the device. We'll keep you updated to let you know what's happening every step of the way. Depending on circumstances, the repair may take up to three weeks.
- Once repairs are complete, we'll give you a call to make arrangements for redelivery.
Alongside the extended warranty cover, your equipment is also covered by an excess-free insurance policy for accidental damage and theft. We'd recommend checking your supplied policy document for cover details, but incidents which may be covered include:
- Liquid spillage onto your laptop
- Dropped laptop, resulting in a cracked screen or other physical damage
- The device was stolen and has been reported to the police
If you're missing your policy documents, don't worry. Just contact us, and we'll send you all the details you need to place a claim and guide you through the process.
If you require written communication and documents from our support team in an alternative format, please ask. This includes:
- Welsh language texts
- Accessible formats such as Braille, audio, or large print.