- Home /
- ElBraille Complete
Elbraille Complete, consists of an ElBraille Dock, Focus 14 Braille display and JAWS Home.
ElBraille is a Windows 10-based docking station that works with Freedom Scientific's *Focus 14 Blue braille display and *JAWS.
ElBraille includes the same Perkins keyboard, along with the other keys found on the Focus, and can be used with the braille display, or on its own.
Based on a tablet motherboard, ElBraille has 2 GB of RAM, and 64 GB of internal storage, along with 32 GB of additional built-in storage, reserved for the operating system and supporting files.
ElBraille notetaker running Windows 10 and JAWS 17.0 contains a docking station, integrated with Freedom Scientific’s Focus 14 Blue Braille display. This docking station contains the perkins style keyboard and all the navigation options that you find on the Focus 14.
Seamless design providing paper-like feel. Adjustable auto advance for automatic scrolling and panning. Input: 8-dot Perkins style keyboard; NAV Rockers on both sides of the Braille display which can be independently set to move forward and backward by line, sentence, paragraph or display segment; cursor routing keys; two panning keys on the front; two keys for moving up/down; two selector keys; two Shift keys
*Please note that both JAWS screen reading software and the Focus 14 Blue braille displays are sold seperatly*
Features and technical specifications:
ElBraille notetaker powered by Windows 10 and JAWS 18.0 consists of a Braille display and a Dock station.
Braille display Specifications:
- Braille display: 14 refreshable Braille cells, 8-dot Braille keyboard
- Seamless design providing paper-like feel. Adjustable auto advance for automatic scrolling and panning. Input: 8-dot Perkins style keyboard; NAV Rockers on both sides of the Braille display which can be independently set to move forward and backward by line, sentence, paragraph or display segment; cursor routing keys; two panning keys on the front; two keys for moving up/down; two selector keys; two Shift keys
- The Braille display can control one more device (for example, a mobile phone) via Bluetooth
- The Braille display can be disconnected and used separately.
Dock station Specifications:
- The Dock station based on an Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8300, Quad-Core, 1.84 GHz CPU
- 160 Gb of internal memory, 2 Gb RAM (DDR3L-1600)
- Memory card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 256 Gb
- 2 stereo speakers for sound output, built-in microphone
- Additional system speaker with vibration feedback for notifications (for example, to indicate the beginning and the end of charging, when the device is turned off; might be also used by people with simultaneous sight and hearing loss)
- Four additional control buttons with adjustable functions (by default, these keys have predefined functions, such as quick notes, connection status, time / date, etc.). A power button and two buttons for volume control.
- Three-color LED device status indicator.
Connections and ports:
- Wireless WLAN802.11 a/b/g/n/ac networking (2,4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth V4.2
- 4G LTE modem supporting 7 Cellular standards: TDD-LTE, FDD-LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, CDMA1X/EVDO, GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Ports: mini-HDMI, USB 3.0, and SIM-card slot
- 3.5 mm (1/8") headphone jack.
- Rechargeable 10,400 mAh battery.
- Battery life up to 20 hours even when using Wi-Fi
- Powered with an AC adapter (110 to 240 W) or from internal battery.
- The power adapter comes with a replaceable plug (UK, EU, US, AU).
- 189x118x38 mm (7.4x4.7x1.5 in). Weight 750g (27 oz) (with battery).
- Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
- JAWS for Windows 18.0 screen reading software including very responsive Eloquence speech output, as well as high-quality Vocalizer Expressive voices, providing a possibility to work with ease in main Windows applications as well as in the Microsoft Office range of apps, and other popular software such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- Additional adjustable set of keyboard commands to manage the system from the Braille display.
- A specially designed application for creating and managing voice/text notes.
- A control panel for setting up the vibration-audible indications of the device, which allows flexibility to customize information on events such as the connecting / disconnecting of the power adapter, turning on / off the device, discharging / charging the battery, etc. This control panel allows to adjust the device feedback for the blind, visually impaired and deaf-blind users.
- Alternative adjustable system menu designed to be easily used with the Braille display.
- A specially designed self-voiced and self-Brailled rescue service allowing to recover the device without system reboot or loss of data in case of some software failure.
- Opportunity to use the JAWS license on two more PCs belonging to the owner of the ElBraille.