Georgie can transform the lives of millions of people who have difficulty accessing modern technology, older people, those with Learning and reading Difficulties, dyslexia or Sight Loss. No more struggling to find what you want on a cluttered screen
• Call up family and friends for you from a simple list
• Remember places, useful landmarks or hazards you pass on your journeys. Tell you the direction and distance to them and speak them as you pass by
• Tell you the direction and distance to the nearest pub, school, church, library and all sorts of other places
• Guide you to your bus stop; Tell you when the next bus is due; speak out bus stops as you pass them and so make sure you can relax and get off at the right stop
• Tell you what colour a garment or item is
• Give you an instant local weather forecast for the next few days
• Find and call you a cab if you lost in the rain
• Send a voice text message or voice tweet to your family, friends or colleagues
• Answer factual questions, perform calculations or conversions
• Take a photograph of an object and tell you what that object is
• Read you a book, a talking newspaper or let you hear on demand radio show or podcast of interest
• Look at a document such as a printed letter, menu or bill, and read it to you
• Keep your loved ones informed as to where you are and call them for you if you get lost or in trouble
1. By Touch. Explore the Large Buttoned Georgie Screen by Finger movement. Hold your finger on the screen and move it to hear the features available. Tap to activate that feature or option. Go back a screen slide two fingers from right to left from the centre of the screen. Where there is text on more than one screen, move between pages by sliding two-fingers up or down from the centre of the screen.
2. By Voice. When you need to enter text into your phone e.g. A Text message. You will be asked to speak what you want to say. Touch the middle of the screen and the smartphone will repeat what it thinks you said. If this is correct, hold your finger on the same part of the screen, you will hear a beep and the smartphone will speak out its response. If you don’t agree and the smartphone got it wrong, activate the CLEAR button near the bottom of the screen and try again.