Sight and Sound Technology is Disability Confident Committed
To become a Disability Confident committed employer and start your Disability Confident journey, you will need to consider the commitments below.
At this level you will commit to these 5 actions.
Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- ensure against discrimination
- make job adverts accessible
- provide information in accessible formats (eg large print)
- accept applications in alternative formats (eg electronically)
Communicate and promote vacancies
- advertise vacancies through a range of communication channels
- get advice from Jobcentre Plus, Work Programme providers and local disabled people’s user-led organisations
- review current recruitment processes
Offer interviews to disabled people
- Encourage applications from disabled people by offering them an interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job (this is the description of the job set by the employer).
Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- Make sure disabled people aren’t disadvantaged when applying for and doing their jobs.
Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition to stay in work
- Retaining an employee who has become disabled means keeping their valuable skills and experience and saves on the cost of recruiting a replacement.